WCBL 2022 Season Schedule is now available.
November 1st, 2021
LETHBRIDGE, AB – Media Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE –
The Western Canadian Baseball League schedule is released for the 2022 season. Start to plan your summer to include games at one, two, or many of our great ballparks.
Here are some League Highlights for 2022:
Opening Day – Thursday May 26 at Spitz Stadium
- The defending Champions, Lethbridge Bulls open at home versus the Sylvan Lake Gulls for a special night to honor Mitch Ball, a longtime WCBL Umpire who passed away in May 2021. The 2nd game of the 3-game set on Friday will see the Bulls raise their 2021 Championship banner.
Friday May 27
- Home Openers for: Okotoks vs Brooks
Fort McMurray vs Edmonton
Moose Jaw vs Medicine Hat
Weyburn vs Swift Current
Sunday May 29
- Home Openers for: Medicine Hat vs Moose Jaw
Swift Current vs Regina
A special late afternoon home opener for Brooks Bombers at 4:05pm features the Bulls as they wrap up opening weekend.
Tuesday May 31
- Home Openers for: Edmonton vs Sylvan Lake
Regina vs Sylvan Lake
Wednesday June 1
- Home Opener for:
The sell out streak should continue in Sylvan Lake as the Gulls open their 2nd season in the WCBL against the Okotoks Dawgs.
- Lethbridge and Edmonton play a 4-game set as part of the Lethbridge Baseball Festival on the first weekend of June.
- Father’s Day is Sunday June 19, and features games in Edmonton (vs Fort McMurray), Medicine Hat (vs Swift Current), Brooks (vs Lethbridge), Okotoks will host their traditional game against Moose Jaw and a unique 2 game set in Regina featuring games against Sylvan Lake in the afternoon and Weyburn in the nightcap.
- Canada Day sees 2-day games and 5-night games with Weyburn visiting Regina and Brooks at Lethbridge in the first of 2. Overflowing stadiums are anticipated in Okotoks (vs Edmonton), Medicine Hat (vs Swift Current), Moose Jaw (vs Weyburn), Fort McMurray (vs Sylvan Lake) and the 23rd consecutive night game at Spitz Stadium between the Bulls and Bombers.
Another unique marketing initiative features the 2nd Annual Baseball Day in Canada. One stadium, 4 teams! Two games find Regina facing Edmonton in the early game and Moose Jaw visiting the Sylvan Lake Gulls in the late game. Both games and all the festivities will be at the Gulls Stadium and be a great backdrop for this special day.
Only 2 days later, all the stars of the WCBL will converge in Okotoks for the WCBL All Star Game with Seaman Stadium providing the perfect setting for this special day.
The August holiday Monday sees special games in Brooks, Swift Current, Regina and Lethbridge
Calgary is the host of the 2022 Little League Canadian Championships at Rose Diamond at Stanley Park and Seaman Stadium will host the participating teams on Aug. 3 when they play their rivals from Lethbridge.
The season wraps up over the next 3 days with Fan appreciation events:
- August 3rd – Weyburn, Edmonton
- August 4th – Sylvan Lake, Moose Jaw
- August 5th – Regina, Okotoks
- August 6th – Swift Current, Medicine Hat, Fort Mc Murray, Brooks, Lethbridge
Playoffs open up for the 8 teams standing after the regular season on Monday August 8th and run for approximately the 10 days that follow.
All games are up on the WCBL website and teams will be releasing their own special dates and ticket information shortly.
308 games for the regular season plus playoffs give fans lots of options. Which ones will be must- sees for you?
For information on the above, please contact Kevin Kvame, WCBL President, at president@WCBLeague.com or by phone at 403-320-2025.