2021 WCBL All-Star Game Announced
September 3, 2020 10:20 pm | by WCBL | Posted In Feature News, News
September 2nd, 2020
Okotoks, AB – Media Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – Western Canadian Baseball League is thrilled to announces that we have opted to move our premier showcase of talent, the WCBL All-Star Game from Edmonton to our top drawing franchise and largest market, Okotoks. The game will take place on Saturday July 24th, 2021 at Seaman Stadium. This move was necessitated due to the stand still in our disappointing dealings with the City of Edmonton.
The Okotoks Dawgs since their relocation to the Calgary bedroom community in 2007 have been the league’s top attendance drawing franchise due to their base od incredible fans and phenomenal support from their drawing area. The Dawgs, as well as the league, are proud of their stature as the third top drawing franchise in all North American summer collegiate attendance.
Since the completion of Seaman Stadium, which is one of the finest modern facilities in all of college baseball, the Dawgs have been proud ambassadors as the WCBL’s flagship franchise.
The franchises success emulates from not only their support in Okotoks but also the MD of Foothills and the greater Calgary area.
The league attendance has increased significantly over past the 10 years as fans embrace:
- Quality of baseball
- Historic, uniquely Western Canadian community rivalries
- Enhanced, fan friendly, facilities throughout WCBL
The WCBL is honored to showcase top Canadian as well as American talent at collegiate level. In fact, at the All-Star game we not only have an award for the MVP but also the Canadian MVP like the CFL as we are proud to showcase our homegrown talent. Many of the players showcases in the All-Star game are destined for professional baseball careers.
The Western Canadian Baseball League is without a doubt the top summer collegiate league in not only Western Canada but the entire country!
- Among the best leagues on either side of border.
- High quality of competitive baseball (WCBL players have been drafted by MLB, played with MLB organizations right up to present day)
- Yet special as uniquely Canadian
- Preserves Western Canadian historic and multi-sport community rivalries
- unlike other summer leagues based in US, WCBL cares about and actively promotes our finest Canadian athletes